Well keeping Baby's gender a secret isn't turning out to be as fun as I thought it would be. People are annoyed, don't understand, and don't want to play along. I'm not just trying to tease everyone, I swear...the idea from the start was to have both sides of our family feel included. When we were pregnant with RaeAnn we called everyone by phone because that was our only option. I've been excited this entire pregnancy to be around family and to be able to share with them in person & then I thought of how the rest of the family would feel if/when they saw the pictures on fb or on my blog...so I came up with my second plan and Thurman thought it was a great idea and we stuck to it.
Maybe I am just being hormonal and reading into all the comments too much, maybe everyone is just teasing me and making a big deal out of nothing. I feel horrible I can't please everyone and now some people are feeling left out...& I'm sorry about that, Obviously some poeple are just going to find out here on my blog or facebook. My main focus was the immediate family, the baby's grandparents and aunts & uncles. I assumed everyone else would understand!
My dad, stepmom, little sister, and brother already know and they were super excited. They made me feel a lot better. & RaeAnn being there and seeing their reaction made it so much better!! That's what counts!! If I just called people or blabbed it on facebook RaeAnn would not be a part of it and she is old enough that it makes a difference.
I know I probably don't need to defend my actions, but I just had to get this out!!!
p.s. It's time like these I really despise facebook...I hate having to put out the disclaimer "I will tell you but please keep it off of facebook!" It's just that when Thurman and I are finally ready to post it, we want to be the ones to share the news, we don't want someone else to "accidentally" spill the beans!
Maybe I am just being hormonal and reading into all the comments too much, maybe everyone is just teasing me and making a big deal out of nothing. I feel horrible I can't please everyone and now some people are feeling left out...& I'm sorry about that, Obviously some poeple are just going to find out here on my blog or facebook. My main focus was the immediate family, the baby's grandparents and aunts & uncles. I assumed everyone else would understand!
My dad, stepmom, little sister, and brother already know and they were super excited. They made me feel a lot better. & RaeAnn being there and seeing their reaction made it so much better!! That's what counts!! If I just called people or blabbed it on facebook RaeAnn would not be a part of it and she is old enough that it makes a difference.
I know I probably don't need to defend my actions, but I just had to get this out!!!
p.s. It's time like these I really despise facebook...I hate having to put out the disclaimer "I will tell you but please keep it off of facebook!" It's just that when Thurman and I are finally ready to post it, we want to be the ones to share the news, we don't want someone else to "accidentally" spill the beans!
Hey Jill, I just wanted to come over and say hi! Congrats on baby #2. People seem especially vocal with their opinions when you're pregnant, don't you think? I think it's awesome you're keeping it a secret because that's what YOU want to do. We always keep the name a secret mostly because we don't want to hear what people have to say. Stay strong! :)
ReplyDeleteI'm excited to find out, but definitely understand keeping it under wraps until everyone else knows. I knew what we were going to name Hayden almost as soon as we found out he was a "he". I had a dream about it and it stuck. We kept the name a secret though (from all except my BFF) just because I had some weird idea that he'd come out and look completely not like a Hayden and I didn't want personalized everything if I decided on a different name. It really annoyed people and some thought it was "stupid" but it was our decision and I'm happy we did it that way, so yes... take your time and don't let any one rain on your parade.
ReplyDelete