Friday, November 4, 2011

next semester

I planned my spring semester (registration is on Monday) Just 3 classes, M-W...so hopefully this little baby will be born on a Thursday so I don't have to miss any class :) My adviser and I discussed my pregnancy, he said obviously I am not the only woman to ever go to school while pregnant. He said it would be a good idea to meet with my teachers for next semester and see how well they will be willing to work with me, that way if they are jerks I can drop the class before I lose any money. Also he said worst case scenario is I end up withdrawing or with an incomplete. He also thought I would take an entire month off...I was planning 1 maybe 2 weeks the most! It's not like I am returning to a full time job, because then obviously I would want more time. But I would be returning to 3 hours of class 3 nights per week, to me that doesn't seem unmanageable. & it would only be for the month I have left in the semester. I do not plan on taking any classes over the summer.
I'm not trying to be super mom or anything...I just feel that for me and my situation there isn't any other option. I know me. If I take the semester off I will not return next fall. And we would lose the income we have coming from my GI Bill Benefits. I know I can do this. & it will all be worth it in the end!

No comments:

Post a Comment