Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Big Reveal!!

It's a Boy!!!
Our big reveal "party"/Sunday dinner went off without a hitch, RaeAnnie kept her secret (for the most part) and there was a great big cheer when we cut into the BLUE
cake! It was SO much fun!! (I wish we thought to get it on video!)
 (My love for funfetti cakes clouded my judgement over getting just a plain white cake...but then I decided it totally works, this baby boy is the rainbow baby we've been waiting for!!!)
For our out of town/out of state family we made funfetti blue frosted cookies and mailed them off!
It was just a semi-coincidence I was wearing my "Team Jacob" t -shirt, I swear! We baked before I went to see the premiere of Breaking Dawn!!
The first people to get the cookies were my Dad, Stepmom, brother and sister. Not only did they enjoy the cookies, they were SUPER excited they were BLUE!!!
They didn't wait for the mail, they came down to visit!!!

The next cookie reveal was Sunday morning, we skipped church and went to my Nana's house, She got the blue cookies as a birthday present, & a couple of my aunts and cousins, got to be part of the surprise as well! (When my cousin complimented RaeAnn's shirt she said "Can I tell her the boy's name" and everyone laughed! Surprise!!)

The first out of towners to get their cookies in the mail were my in-laws in West Virginia. I got a text during dinner from my MIL that said she was so excited, I knew she would be, she had told me she wanted a grandson! & my FIL is glad that the family name will be carried on. After she told me how excited they both were it made me really wish we could have told them in person. I know they wish they could be here with us too. Sometimes it really stinks to have family scattered all over, (but then again it gives you an excuse for lots of fun road trips :))
Thurman's nieces enjoying the cookies :) 
My SIL & nephew still have not gotten their special surprise! I definitely didn't plan on a slow mail system messing up my fun!! & I was getting impatient to share the news with everyone else, so I had my brother who is finishing up his deployment overseas (he'll be home just in time for Christmas!) call us this morning so RaeAnn could tell him herself. I think he might have been the most surprised out of everyone, he was convinced I was having a girl!!
Then we skyped my SIL and nephew, at least we still got to tell them in a more personal way than just on facebook and hopefully when they get their cookies they will still be tasty!!!

And know everyone finally knows we are expecting a healthy baby boy!!!!! Overall it did turn out to be super fun! & it was all worth it! We are over the moon excited and can not wait for April!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I've been following your blog for a little while (I'm also aspiringmomtobe). I just wanted to say congrats on your baby boy! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting and Trevor and I are so happy for you and your family. :)

    ReplyDelete