I have found a lot of comfort in my blog and I am grateful for the the response it has gotten. I am thankful for the woman who have confided in me their own struggles with fertility and making babies. It is nice to not feel so alone, although I wish none of us ever had to go through this.
I am also incredibly thankful to all my friends who have written such loving, supportive messages. Thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and helping me keep my thoughts positive!
I don't know why it is so taboo to talk about miscarriages and infertility. Why should anyone deal with it in silence? A lot of people have said to me, "maybe next time you need to keep it to yourself until you know everything is ok" I find that very unsupportive and negative. I tried to keep my pregnancy a secret in September except for immediate family and I would lie when people asked me "Are you pregnant yet" because I thought that was what I was supposed to do. On the inside I felt like I was betraying my baby by not telling people he or she existed...then look at what happened...And it made it incredibly harder to deal with the miscarriage because 1. people were still asking if we were pregnant and 2. no one was very understanding when I became so depressed.
With RaeAnn, we told everyone as soon as we found out and had great success with her :)
It will be something to think about when we get pregnant again. Now that everyone knows we are having problems I know that no one will be asking me if we are trying or if we already are pregnant. And who knows I might be a little scared to admit that I actually am with all that I am going through...it's a long ways away, I have some time to figure all that out!
Anyways, this post really was just supposed to be a big thank you to everyone who is keeping up with my blog, your love and support means so much to me!!
(& Thurman)
Hi, Jill. I think it's great you're able to talk about your experiences, as sad as they are. I'm thinking of you! <3
ReplyDeleteJilly I always read your blog. I give you tons of credit for being so strong!! You are an inspiration for those going through the same rough times. Keep your head up chica!! ♥ Kim, March 17 at 8:12pm
ReplyDeleteJill I wish I could just have a hundred babies for you! It makes me so sad thinking of you having such difficulty when I know no one deserves to be a mom more! I felt the same way when Gayle had her miscarriage, I pray for you and Thurman, and Raeann. I know your day will come. Heck I can ship Jimmy and Eliah out there with Gayle and Dean! Kristen, March 18 at 3:42am
ReplyDelete