We also got a bit of worrisome news from the latest ultrasound. Jacob's kidneys are dilated which I think means urine is backing up into them and not draining properly... The midwife said that it is common late in pregnancy in males. & that it will most likely turn out to be nothing but that the hospital pediatrician will be monitoring him from the start and he will need an ultrasound to make sure his kidneys are functioning properly. She said if we had seen this on the 18 week ultrasound it would be a marker for downs. Which would have been scary and makes me nervous that maybe they missed it on our originally anatomy scan, but it really doesn't matter because this is the baby we've been waiting for... I just hope he doesn't come out looking like this...

I had a dream last night that he came out with big giant eyes and no one would listen to me when I told them something was wrong!! His eyelids also blinked vertically as well as horizontally it was quite an odd dream and I was pretty relieved to wake up and realize that he was still in my belly and as far as we know he really doesn't look like a beanie baby!
Good luck Jill! Looking forward to good news any day now :-)
ReplyDelete