Saturday, March 24, 2012

Big Sister Class

This morning RaeAnn finally had her big sister class. It wasn't as cool as I was expecting it to be but RaeAnn thought it was and she says she learned a lot. Like making sure to wash her hands before touching the baby or holding the baby. The teacher even gave RaeAnn the big responsibility of making sure any visitors we get in the hospital or at home wash their hands before they touch the baby. & I can tell you right now she is ready to take this job very seriously, so make sure you wash you hands!!!
The teacher also tried to make the kids understand that it is really awesome that they want to help mom or dad but it is extremely important to ask if it is OK to help first. This is something I didn't even think of...could you only imagine if I was in the shower or washing the dishes or whatever and I thought it was OK to leave Jake sleeping and RaeAnn watching TV and then come back to find a poopy diaper smeared over everything because RaeAnn "just wanted to help" omg I would die!
So the teacher taught them some ways they can help with the baby like fastening the diapers and showing how the baby likes to be swaddled and how it would be really nice for them to be quiet when the baby is sleeping....it really is going to be quite interesting!!
RaeAnn learning to hold a new baby, after helping me change her diaper and swaddling her.

After all the lessons we got a tour of the maternity ward. First stop was the nursery and we got to see two babies that were just born today. They were so tiny and RaeAnn was pretty impressed. But she was even more impressed with the kitchenette where big sisters and big brothers can help themselves to a popsicle when they come visit. I am pretty sure RaeAnn is more looking forward to the popsicle now than actually meeting her brother!!
Officially ready to be a big sister!!!
Special thanks to Baby Josie(who normally hangs out in the bottom of the toy box) for helping us in class today
.

No comments:

Post a Comment