Friday, March 30, 2012

Jumped the Gun

I went in for my 38 week check up yesterday ....the baby is doing well, his heartrate was accelerating because he was moving all around and wouldn't stay still long for the doctor (already a troublemaker!) but a very healthy sign. My OB brought in the portable ultrasound to just double check his position, apparently Jacob has a very bony butt that fooled the both of us into thinking he had flipped again, but he is being a good boy and staying head down.
However I have not dilated even a little bit, my cervix is "soft-ish" - that dang midwife got my hopes so high last week when she said "any day now" but all my OB said was "see ya next week, maybe there will be some change" he didn't sound very optimistic about it though!! He also didn't seem concerned at all about the baby's size so I think maybe he will let me go past my due date if I don't start showing some progress!!!
So for the next week I will be sitting on my exercise ball and walking as much as possible, along with some other certain activities ;) I am so anxious to meet this little guy I will do anything to get him out & hopefully within two weeks!!

1 comment:

  1. I really feel for you Hun. I remember so clearly how fed up I was at the end with being pregnant and wanting to meet her. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete