It's going to be quite an adjustment for me as well. I know it will break my heart just to leave her to go to the hospital and I will feel bad when I won't be able to cuddle with her because I need to feed the baby...It has been just the three of us for almost 5 years now...all of our lives will soon be turned upside down as we add a new member to the family and learn to take care of a newborn again!
So this is my post for my only child who soon will not be the exact center of attention...
RaeAnn is a handful, she doesn't know how to control the volume of her voice, she loves to jump off furniture regardless if she's gotten hurt before, she doesn't listen, she talks back and she knows how to throw the best of temper tantrums...She is one sassy little 4 1/2 year old.
& sometimes she makes me wonder if I will really be able to handle TWO children!!

But my goodness my heart overflows with love for her! I look at her some times and think how did I get so lucky to have such a beautiful funny little girl? And as much as she drives me crazy she has a super sweet side too!
~She loves school and makes friends very easily and her teachers love her but everyday she tells me she misses me. I miss her too, kindergarten is going to be hard on us next fall! She loves to tell me all about her day but then she always makes sure to ask me how my day was too.
She recently made the big switch into a real big girl car seat, and she thinks that's super cool
~She is big on compliments and very polite, My mother in law made her plain pasta, nothing fancy, no different than how I make it for her. But jeez she raved on and on about how "Mimi makes the best pasta! and kept telling my MIL how great it was.
I painted her fingers and toes for dress up day at school last week and she loved showing off the wonderful job I did to absolutely anyone that would listen
My belly was the perfect "stool" to paint her toes on :)
~She makes waking up in the middle of the night worth it, (some times ;)) She woke me up at 5am one morning just to fix her covers and tuck her back into bed. I was a little annoyed but after i got her settled and kissed her she said "you're the best at tucking me in mom"
So lovable!
~She likes to listen to Thurman and I jokingly banter back and forth and tell us "You guys are hilarious" If you've ever read her blog you know she is just as hilarious!

~She thinks she knows it all and she had to be right ALL the time! For example recently we argued over left and right. First of all let me just say how impressed I am that she knows left from right already I still need to double check ;) but our argument started when she was trying to tell me my right eye had something in it, I wiped my right eye, and she said "mom, that's your left" because of course the way she was looking at me it was her left...so I tried to explain that is was just the way she was looking at me, and she said "I don't know why you are being so difficult!" Get used to it Kiddo, I hear I will only be more difficult, the older you get!!! :)))
~RaeAnn just finished her first session of swim class and the teacher loved her! & RaeAnn loved the class! She managed to go from a 4 bubble to a 2 in only 6 classes (she missed two from being sick :( ) and she really is learning something. The girl has been a fish since she was born, she has always loved bath time and she never liked being confined in a tube in the pool. I personally think swim is way cooler than dance class I'd love to see her on the swim team one day! She'd like to try dance though, I think we'll be starting in the Fall but for now She starts the next swim level class on Tuesday and hopefully she'll actually make it to all the classes!
See how great she is? :) I really hope it won't be too hard for her transitioning from only child to big sister. I know she is really excited to meet her brother, we'll just have to see how long it takes for her to ask when he is going back!

No comments:
Post a Comment