Last night while cooking dinner I thought I "sprung a leak"!! I called my OB and they wanted me to come in for a labor check! So we ran around for an hour making sure everything was in order...my bag was packed, the house is clean...ya know all that important stuff ;) who am I kidding....I was totally procrastinating...I was in disbelief that I might actually be in labor! Once my mom got to the house I went over everything with her for RaeAnn and off we went....
Within 20 minutes of checking in we knew it was NOT my water and I was NOT in labor...phew!!!! The on call doctor thought maybe I am just started to lose my mucuos plug. And since we came in they had to check the baby with an NST....He did not cooperate. They needed his heart to accelerate twice but he was sleeping and keeping his HR in the 140's. We assumed it was because in all the excitement I didn't eat dinner so they gave me some nasty peanut butter and ice water and that got him going and we were discharged.
So a false alarm but I told Thurman and my mom it was a good practice run....we all remained calm we got to the hospital safely and we didn't forget anything....now we know we are ready for the real thing!
"Our lives are made in these small hours, these little wonders, these twists and turns of fate" -Little Wonders, Rob Thomas
Saturday, March 24, 2012
Practice Run...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment