Friday, March 16, 2012

refreshed.

Yesterday was a busy day. I had my weekly check up with the OB and then Thurman and I had our refresher birthing class and we may or may not have snuck in a little dinner date in between :)
The check up went well. I was definitely anticipating a different outcome though because earlier in the week I had some pitting edema in my calves and my BP was in the 130's over high 80's. Magically at my appointment my BP was perfect and the doctor said that some edema was to be expecting in the next couple of weeks so he wasn't concerned at all. He scheduled another ultrasound for this coming Wednesday because Baby Jacob is still breech. I am not exactly sure what will happen if he still is, my OB is on vacation next week so I am only seeing the Midwife. & my OB said he'll talk options when he comes back...I'll be almost 38 weeks then! Not leaving much time for intervention if necessary. So Jake better just move his butt and turn on his own!!!
It feels like maybe he has been trying, there have been lots of big rolls and stretching going on in there and at my birthing class the instructor showed us some positions and exercises with the birthing ball that could possibly help us as well so I've been sitting on the ball all day today!
Birthing class was quite amusing it's always fun to watch a video a real life birth that was filmed in the 70's ;) When it came time to practice breathing Thurman and I were giggling like a couple of immature teenagers...ugh we were those people, we really tried to behave but then it was time to try out some of the positions and that was the end of it!
Overall I am glad we went, having never gone into labor myself I definitely needed the refresher! & hopefully we'll actually be able to use what we learned in the class this time!!

After our Class, 35 weeks 5 days

No comments:

Post a Comment