Monday, June 27, 2011

day 11: favorite tv shows

I have a lot of "favorite" TV shows! and even more "guilty pleasures" My DVR has at least 20 scheduled series records!
I think it was just how I was raised, my family bonded over TV. I am pretty sure it started with "TGIF"! Full House, Family Matters, Step by Step, those were favorites in my house growing up! And let's not forget "Snick"!
Then as I grew up came ER and the crime drama's Law and Order and The Practice and of course sitcoms, I tried to never miss an episode of Friends!
Right before I left for basic training, reality TV was starting to catch on, I thought it was kinda stupid and resisted at first but now Survivor is one of my favs!!
When I moved into the dorms at my first base I didn't have cable so I actually had a social life! I miss about 2 good years of TV! Finally the partying started to get old and I got cable and I was a couch potato again! That was about the time Grey's Anatomy started and reality TV was EVERYWHERE! I became addicted to Laguna Beach and The Hills, against my better judgment! I was already a fan of The Real World and all their Challenges.
That was also around the time I met Thurman and I sucked him right into my TV addiction! Not that he isn't one of the biggest pop culture junkies ever, he just didn't have cable!
Thurman and I bonded over Law and Order SVU marathons and How I Met your Mother. We got our DVR in preparation for RaeAnn's birth, we didn't want to miss anything while we tended to her! How did anyone ever enjoy TV before DVR with a newborn!? I don't think it's possible! And because of DVR we were able to watch even more! No more deciding what channel to watch or staying up late and losing sleep to watch our favorite shows, we just recording everything!! House, Dexter, Weeds, Modern Family, NBC's Thursday night comedies, Biggest Loser, seriously the list goes on!!
Lately since all of our favorite shows are on summer break, you can find us either watching our newest obsession Chopped and Iron Chef America or competing at home with Jeopardy. We are the epitome of an old married couple!

However the past couple of days the TV has been off...I've been sitting in my room reading and I'm not sure what he has been doing...I'm being stubborn, giving him the silent treatment...I need my space, time to really think about things and I know if I sit down and watch TV with him everything will feel better again...I'm not ready yet....

No comments:

Post a Comment