Wednesday, June 29, 2011

day 13: goals

I've been thinking about my goals in life a lot lately and I have decided that by the time I am 30, I want to be living the good life! And by good life I mean, mother of 2 ( or 3), done with school, and out of this apartment...maybe even 30lbs lighter!! But most importantly wherever my journey takes me in the next 2 1/2 years, I want to be happy.
I have to keep reminding myself that I am only 27, and I have sometime to achieve my goals before the big 3-0. (I honestly keep thinking I am 28! Even though I do not feel old at all!) I mean really it shouldn't be that hard as long as my uterus and the VA cooperate with me :)
I already got the process rolling to go back to college in the fall which is a pretty big deal!! I started college in 2004 out in Illinois and apparently I was only 5 credits away from a degree when I decided to just get a job instead! What in the world was I thinking!? Probably one of the biggest regrets of my life now!! But I had no idea back then!
It's important to me to get a degree even if it is just an associates and even if I just want to get my job back as a medical secretary or even if I never use it, at least I can say I have it!! And hey I went into the military so they would pay for my school!! Better follow through with that especially since now not only do they pay for my school, they give me a pretty hefty housing allowance as a bonus.
Getting out of this apartment will be pretty easy, we were originally going to move closer to Thurman's work next Spring, but now that I am going to start school, we'll probably stay here one more year or at least in this area for another year. I don't necessarily want to buy a house. Renting is fine with me, I just don't like how our apartment community is run. The management doesn't really do a good job of making you feel "at home".
As far as having another baby, that's in God's hands. And I really hope he's been listening to my prayers. He certainly does a good job guiding Thurman and I through our rough times with each other...We have been talking a lot and trying to work though everything...and we're back to watching TV together ;)
I already am happy, (really, I swear!) completing my goals will just make me even happier. And I am very confident that I will achieve everyone of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment