I caved and bought an ovulation predictor kit (OPK). I know ovulation is not my problem...we conceived all 3 times within 2 months of trying. I am doing this because with each blighted ovum the doctor sent me home from the ultrasound saying "don't worry yet, you could have ovulated late" and the first time I believed him... I want to be able to tell the OB exactly when I ovulated so there is no false hope next time around.
Also knowing when I ovulate will help me to know if I have a good luteal phase(LP) or not. Through what I have learned online, a LP has to be at least 10 days to support a healthy pregnancy. The LP starts at ovulation and ends the day before your expected period. It is the time when the corpus luteum starts to form and that is what produces the progesterone to keep the pregnancy going. The best way to know how efficient your LP is, is through blood tests, but I will at least be able to know if mine is long enough to assume it is good. (If I am explaining this wrong please correct me!! This is just what I have gathered from numerous google searches! And I do plan on discussing it with my doctor at my annual appt.)
I will not waste my money on these tests. I bought enough for two cycles and that will be it, and this cycle is more like a test run to make sure I am using the tests correctly. I do not want to become obsessed with getting pregnant...(or not anymore obsessed than I already am!) Everyone tells me to relax...just trust me, this is as relaxed as I am going to be!!
I am trying to believe that if I just think positive thoughts I will get a positive outcome. There used to be a billboard on the highway that my dad would always point out to my brother and I..."If you think you can't, you won't, If you think you can, you will" I think that is how it goes, and I don't remember who said it, and I can't find on my trusty ol'Google...but that is my new way of thinking. POSITIVE!! POSITIVE!! POSITIVE!!
It took me three months to get pregnant the first time, then BAM right after for second. Sadly as you know both weren't happy endings this cycle is our third back ttc after the break they told me we had to take. And as of now still no BFP, so much for me saying the getting pregnant thing my body knows how to do...*grrr* ANYWAYS, Welcome to the wonderful world of OPKs lol.
ReplyDelete