My "first love" was my first serious boyfriend, Nick. He caught my eye at the end of my Sophomore year of High school. I was the one to peruse him and after a couple months of persistence from me he finally caved and fell madly in love with me *evil laugh* We spent everyday together, so young and in love even though we didn't have much in common (at least not that I can remember now), He would rather play dungeons and dragons than hang out with me, but opposites attract right? We dated for two years before I decided to join the Air Force. We tried to make it work long distance, but I led a very sheltered life growing up, so when I got out on my own I didn't want anyone holding me back!! I broke his heart...more than once... I wish I would have ended things nicer and not strung him along. It's sad that we are not even friends on facebook. In fact...he has me blocked!
Karma definitely got me back for treating Nick the way I did...I dated a lot of assholes after him and I had my heart trampled on...but they were all part of the "broken road" that lead me straight to Thurman. (That's our song, even though we have never danced to it...one day we'll have a real wedding and get that "first dance!)
I wouldn't change my past because I wouldn't be who I am now and I might never have met Thurman, but I do wish I had been raised to keep my heart pure (and I plan on trying my hardest to instill those values in RaeAnn.) It would have been nice to be able to give Thurman my whole heart and not a million little pieces. But I have to give him credit, he accepted me and all my baggage. He helped me put my heart back together and learn to love again (and in only 3 months!! LOL)
And of course Thurman knows I saved the best for last :) or at least I told him once when I was very drunk and serenaded him with my best Vanessa Williams impression...yup that was the moment he knew he was stuck with me for life!

I love you Jill
ReplyDelete