I am currently on day 14 of my cycle and still no positive outcome with the OPK. Here are my thoughts on the matter...
1. User error. some tests say not to use the first urine of the morning, the test i bought says to. Maybe I shouldn't have cheaped out and bought the Target brand....
2. more user error, I also started using them on day 12, the tests say for a 28 day cycle to start on day 11.
3. sleepy user error... I am half asleep when I am trying to complete the test so maybe I might have dipped the stick in too far a couple times...
4. Now that I am testing for ovulation maybe I am just stressing myself out a little about it, and stress = no ovulation.
5. I started back in the gym this week, so maybe my "increased activity" is delaying my ovulation.
6. I also dropped the entire bottle of tests on the floor...hopefully I didn't contaminate them!
All I know is I am glad I am not trying this month because then this would be even more stressful. I am also a little worried that maybe now my cycle will be late again and that means I would have to cancel my appointment with the GYN, I will be so upset if that happens again!!!
I buy my tests off early-pregnancy-tests.com I have found them to be cheaper than in the store. I am sure that you are ok with all things dipping and when you are testing. Maybe, sometimes when I think it is my day to ovulate I test in the AM and in the PM so I don't miss my surge. Some brands are very hard to read if it is a + like the Answer brand from Walmart, I could tell, but was amazed by the internet cheapies when it gave me a +. And worry could make ovulate later I am sure, or you could have something else going on. So it is probably good you are testing for ovulation. :-) Good Luck! I know you pain. Except lately mine has been with pregnancy tests...currently 9 or 10 dpo. Spotting is driving me nutty at times. And I'm sick of having cramps for almost my whole cycle. grrrr....
ReplyDeleteI really think I messed something up because I have lots of CM today. So day 15 wouldn't be so bad. My last OB had me convinced I was ovulating at day 21 which would give me a very short LP since I was still on a 28 day cycle. Like I said I am just glad this month is just a test run with the OPK! Next month I will be more on top of things!
ReplyDeleteI hope you start feeling better with the cramps, that can't be very fun. is that from the PCOS?