This is me and my bff Joseph.
(and my tortuga, "Broccoli")
(and my tortuga, "Broccoli")
First off, let's just take a minute to look in amazement at how skinny I was...I had such self-image issues growing up I hated my body and I was told I was "fat" by numerous people, I really wish I could go back in time and slap some sense into myself!! but that's what my other blog was about. so back to Day 9...
Joe and I met in 7th grade when I sent my best girl friend over to his friend to ask if Joey would be my boyfriend. He totally turned me down. But by the next day he changed his mind I really am that good ;) Joe was my first boyfriend that I actually interacted with outside of school. He invited me to his hockey games and his dad would take us out for ice cream afterwards. We went to the monthly school dances and he was my first real kiss. But I knew it was true love the day he got hit by a car roller blading to meet me at the strip mall across the street from my house! I will never forget that day! Poor Joe!!
After 4 months, I broke up with him and joined in with my friends to make fun of him. I was mean. He didn't talk to me again until the end of 8th grade. We literally made up the last day of school and we've been best friends ever since.
He went to a different high school than me but we've always been good with staying in touch or at least checking in with each other from time to time. Joe and I are the type of friends that can go months or even years without talking and pick up exactly where we left off. He is also the only person that I still talk to on the phone. I absolutely hate talking on the phone and would so much rather text or facebook, but Joe does not give me a choice! That's why now I just ignore his calls ;) But when I need advice or I need to vent or I need someone to put me in my place, he is the one I go to! He is like a dad, a brother, and a therapist all in one. He's just the best and I love him so much!
Joe and I met in 7th grade when I sent my best girl friend over to his friend to ask if Joey would be my boyfriend. He totally turned me down. But by the next day he changed his mind I really am that good ;) Joe was my first boyfriend that I actually interacted with outside of school. He invited me to his hockey games and his dad would take us out for ice cream afterwards. We went to the monthly school dances and he was my first real kiss. But I knew it was true love the day he got hit by a car roller blading to meet me at the strip mall across the street from my house! I will never forget that day! Poor Joe!!
After 4 months, I broke up with him and joined in with my friends to make fun of him. I was mean. He didn't talk to me again until the end of 8th grade. We literally made up the last day of school and we've been best friends ever since.
He went to a different high school than me but we've always been good with staying in touch or at least checking in with each other from time to time. Joe and I are the type of friends that can go months or even years without talking and pick up exactly where we left off. He is also the only person that I still talk to on the phone. I absolutely hate talking on the phone and would so much rather text or facebook, but Joe does not give me a choice! That's why now I just ignore his calls ;) But when I need advice or I need to vent or I need someone to put me in my place, he is the one I go to! He is like a dad, a brother, and a therapist all in one. He's just the best and I love him so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment