I already had my wedding :)
4.21.06
Our Wedding Party, Best Man Nick & MOH Marissa.
But it wasn't necessarily our Dream Wedding...Don't get me wrong, it was a beautiful day and the ceremony was beautiful thanks to our good friend who was ordained over the internet just for us :) And in the end we were husband and wife which was the desired objective, but our families weren't there, I neglected to wear a veil, and we only have about 5 good pictures from the day. We didn't have a cake to cut and we didn't get to have a first dance. On our wedding day it didn't seem like too big a deal, but in hindsight we both agree we would do it all over again.
Originally we started planning a semi big wedding for July 2006, I bought the bridal magazines and called around to some venues but I gave up when I ran into some drama with my side of the family and some people choosing not to attend and some people not being able to afford the trip, I won't drag it all out here. Thurman felt bad so we started talking about"eloping" and it seemed like our best option. We thought about going to Vegas, and I can not remember now why we didn't go through with it. Maybe it was the cost. Then we thought about just going to the courthouse and trying to have a big wedding the following year, but we couldn't decide where to have it, WV or MA. That is when Brandon, our ordained "Deacon" offered to marry us and everything started coming together so we just went with it. ( I wish I had a picture of us with Brandon that day, I'm going to have to remember to get a good one at his wedding next month!!)
If we ever did have the chance to do it over again, like maybe when we renew our vows, you better believe it will be OUR dream wedding, complete with family, cake, music, and a professional photographer. Oh and I will definitely wear a veil! You just don't feel like a bride without one!!
No comments:
Post a Comment