Wednesday, July 27, 2011

RaeAnn's Birthday (week!!)

In this house we make a big deals about birthdays and try to celebrate them for as long as possible! This year we started celebrating RaeAnn's birthday 3 days early when she received a present from her Aunt Gayle & Uncle Dean...we tried to be good and make her wait but Thurman and I are kids at heart ourselves so we let her open it :)

Wednesday we took her to Build-A-Bear workshop and out for milkshakes and let her walk around the toy store...It really was all about spoiling her :) And then we wonder why she is horribly bratty sometimes!

Thursday was her big party. We had it at a place called "Pump It Up" I was pretty nervous because not only was this the first party not at our house, but I let her invite friends from school. So I wanted to make sure everything was perfect and the three of us were on our best behavior.
I must say we did a pretty good job despite quite a few things going wrong...our wrecktastic cake (which we later got a FULL refund for) our balloon order wasn't ready and 6 "definite yes's" didn't show. But RaeAnn had a blast and that was all that mattered. It turned out to be a great time!!
Friday was her actual birthday and it was a day for just the 3 of us. We let her open her presents first thing, then we had cinnamon rolls, her favorite, for breakfast. After a morning playing "Just Dance" we headed to the movies to see Winnie the Pooh and then to dinner at her favorite place, the 99. We ended they day by putting her to work making cupcakes for her "family" party on Saturday.
Saturday ended up being the last day of celebrating for us. My side of the family came over for cupcakes and presents. Once again despite some issues (our freezer crapped out!) it was a great time. RaeAnn had lots of fun playing her cousins and she got some more great presents including a FISH! Her first pet!!

I am so glad we had such a nice time celebrating our most favorite little girl. I really can not believe she is 4. She has grown so much over the past year. She loved her first year of preschool and making so many new friends. She really has come out of her shell and likes to be social rather than play by herself. She has the best imagination and loves to play pretend. I love to stand outside her room and listen to her play, the things she comes up with are just hilarious!!
She finally learned how to pedal her tricycle, which I think is a pretty big deal, especially since she never did figure how to get her cozy coope to move forward! She is a fish in the water. She jumps in all by herself and can even swim with her face in the water! She developed a love for making music and dancing, thank to the Fresh Beat Band :) (I hope to be able to get her into dance classes before her next birthday, they are just so expensive!) Just in the last month she has learned how to write her name and we are working on writing the rest of the alphabet.
My little girl is growing up way too fast, just one more year until Kindergarten. I hope it goes by slowly :)

No comments:

Post a Comment